The chilling prequel to the horror hit invites audiences again into the lore of the spirit board when Ouija: Origin of Evil arrives on Digital HD January 10, 2017 and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand January 17, 2017 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Set 50 years prior to the events that took place in Ouija, director and writer Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Before I Wake) tells a terrifying new tale as a grieving spiritualist mother and her young daughters discover the buried dangers of an ancient game. With exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a character spotlight, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, and more, Ouija: Origin of Evil delivers spine-tingling chills to viewers.
In 1967 Los Angeles, Alice (Elizabeth Reaser, The Twilight Series, Young Adult), a widowed mother and her daughters Paulina (Annalise Basso, Captain Fantastic) and Doris (Lulu Wilson, “The Millers”), add a new stunt to bolster their séance scam business when Alice brings home a sinister Ouija board. Breaking a cardinal rule of the game while desiring to communicate with their deceased father, the family inadvertently conjures a malevolent force, unleashing a terror to be reckoned with. As the youngest daughter is overtaken by the merciless spirit, this small family confronts unthinkable fears with the help of a priest (Henry Thomas, E.T The Extraterrestrial) to save her and send her possessor back to the other side.
Collaborating with Flanagan on Ouija: Origin of Evil are Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Purge series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Blumhouse Productions’ Jason Blum (The Purge and Insidious series) alongside Hasbro’s Brian Goldner (Transformers and G.I. Joe series) and Stephen Davis (Ouija), with a screenplay by Flanagan and his writing partner Jeff Howard (Oculus, Before I Wake).
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with UltraViolet™ lets you watch movies anywhere, on any device. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray™ players, game consoles and more.
BLU-RAY™ AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Deleted Scenes
- The Making of Ouija: Origin of Evil: Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to making Ouija: Origin of Evil more than a horror movie
- Home is Where the Horror Is: An examination of how the Zander house added to the chilling tone of the film.
- The Girl Behind Doris: Director/Co-Writer/Editor Mike Flanagan and cast discuss finding and working with Lulu Wilson.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director/Editor Mike Flanagan